The pan-African banking group Ecobank is inviting African Fintech entrepreneurs to join the fourth edition of the Ecobank Fintech Challenge, is in line with the bank’s commitment to championing digitisation by giving innovative African start-ups the opportunity to promote their Fintech solutions
Applications have opened for entries from all start-ups and developers in any of Africa’s 54 countries and global Africa-centered Fintechs.
All selected finalists will be inducted into the Ecobank Fintech Fellowship following the Finals and Awards ceremony slated for November 2021. The selected top three winners will receive cash prizes worth US$15,000, US$12,000 and US$10,000 respectively.
All Fellows will however qualify to explore the following opportunities with the bank:
• Multinational product roll out: an opportunity to pursue integration with Ecobank and potentially launch products in parts of Ecobank’s Pan African 33-country ecosystem.
• Service provider partnerships: Ecobank may select start-ups as pan-African service partner within the bank’s ecosystem.
• Access to Ecobank’s Pan-African Banking Sandbox: Fellows will be given access to Ecobank’s APIs to test and improve their products for the pan-African market.
• Mentoring and networking support in the network of global and African partners of the Group.
• Priority Access to Ecobank’s VC partners for funding exploration.
Dr Tomisin Fashina, operations and technology executive, Ecobank Group, said, “Through the Ecobank Fintech Fellowship, we are creating a learning experience through mentorship sessions with in-house, high-level technical teams and with our global partners to help shape and reshape the strategy and focus of African Fintechs.”
The Ecobank Fintech Challenge was designed in partnership with the advisory firm Konfidants and is supported by several partners across Africa and globally including ACCION, Catalyst Fund, Nedbank VC and Cellulant. Applications will close on 20 September 2021.